Lunar Radiance/Moonshine Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lunar Radiance/Moonshine Guild Forums

Official forum of World of Warcraft Roleplaying Guild Moonshine at Steamwheedle EU server

You are not connected. Please login or register

Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead.

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Serenais

Serenais
Moonshine Staff

So, as I said, I tried drawing as well. How I can approach (well, mock, more likely) the art, you can see below. There are clear mistakes and errors. I'd like to ask our renown artists here, what can I do to get better?

This is my current rendition of the Night Elf decal. I didn't have the courage to draw the foilaige behind the shield, and the helmet on top is WAY too small.Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Sken0001

I hope people will recognize the next two. I am aware that the Citadel Enforcer's Claymore's hilt is off, and that Ashkandi's decoration is a lot bigger than it should be... (but I won't correct it just yet, the dragon heads were a pain to draw...)
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Sken0002
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Sken0003

And last one, my attempt at Blawdgarm's profile. I am VERY bad at animate objects, even worse than at everything else... So I will need a lot of advice here. >< For example, his ear is wrong, his hair doesn't fit behind the ear and so on...
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Skenovn0003r

Blawdgarm

Woooot! Seren :O Why did you ever stop drawing?! The weapons are amazing! The detail and everything! It's really amazing!

And thanks for the little Blawdgarm pic Very Happy Nobody ever drew any of my characters so I am really truelly honored! And touched Smile Thank you really so much! And don't worry... Night Elf ears are tricky for me as well.

Keep up the drawing and don't stop!

Serenais

Serenais
Moonshine Staff

Thank you, Elle. Smile

By the way, does this look like what I hoped it would? I know the details are off...
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Scan0001hj

Serenais

Serenais
Moonshine Staff

And paper abuse continues... Especially in the first one. There are so many things wrong that it's probably not worth the time listing them all...
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Scan0002xg

Hopefully, this one is better...
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Scan0003x

*le sigh* Funnily enough, they look better on paper...

Serenais

Serenais
Moonshine Staff

I probably have too much free time...

These two didn't work out as intended...
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Skcan0002
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Skcan0001

I hope these two are better.
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Skcan0003
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Skcan0004

Blawdgarm

The details on the weapons and shield are simply amazing, Seren! :O You should really keep it up Smile Love the shield with Lordaeron's L on it! <3

Serenais

Serenais
Moonshine Staff

Right... This is what happens when one has nothing to do during workhours...
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Scan0001xq
I am aware that the image is off. Especially the proportions of the central ornament.

Enlil

The shield looks really nice Seren. I like it Smile
If you have problems with the proportion of shields, try to draw a loose square with a + or a X in it (i prefer +). Draw the shield inside of the square with +/X as help. And erase them after.

Crýstal

Crýstal

Nice Seren! Smile I like it. Very Happy
Please continue your work with drawing, it is always good when job is boring. Wink
Keep up the good work.

Serenais

Serenais
Moonshine Staff

Aaaand more paper desolation follows. I took a few liberties with the first one, therefore you won't find it in the game (though it should at least partially resemble the original)
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Sken0001

And I also experimented with a face for the first time in a few months, might be the first one that doesn't look the "eldritch abomination" way, but I still need loads of practice...
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Sken0002
It's just a random elf. I hope she looks female enough to be recognized as such. X)
I have to tell you, people, getting the eyes at least partially right hurts...

Enlil

I like it Smile
Continue with your drawings and you will find it easier to draw the eyes. Practice gives skill. And don't hesitate to "steal" ideas from others if you have a problem.

Looking forward to more drawings from you. Very Happy

Serenais

Serenais
Moonshine Staff

Right... Worked a bit on the eye problem...
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Sken0003

Edit: Decided that just one eye, eyebrow and nose won't do...
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Sken0004

Serenais

Serenais
Moonshine Staff

Right... This is still work in progress, but I think it's a bit better than the last try...
The link behind the image leads to larger version.
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Sken0005s

Enlil

Shocked That is a major improvement Seren.
Keep it up!

Serenais

Serenais
Moonshine Staff

Right, worked a bit on the previous post...
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Sken0006s

Serenais

Serenais
Moonshine Staff

Alright, this is probably final, unless I suddenly get an idea how to make it better, shinier, and all that stuff...
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Sken0007s

Serenais

Serenais
Moonshine Staff

A quick sketch, took only few hours. I hope at least someone will find out whom I tried to draw.
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Sken0008s

Crýstal

Crýstal

That is my Cidcus! :O HE IS AWESOME! *The beard!!*

Serenais

Serenais
Moonshine Staff

I hope this elf is better than the previous one. It's an attempt at Althea Dawnstar, commander of intelligence unit that is the centrepoint of Seven Lives. I am not certain it turned out as I wanted, so, I might tinker with it a bit...
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Sken0009s

Enlil

I think your drawings are awesome Seren. Smile
The Elf probably need some more work. Like you did with the woman earlier.

Serenais

Serenais
Moonshine Staff

I know, I just am not sure what more to do with it. Right now, anyway.

Serenais

Serenais
Moonshine Staff

*had no idea how to improve the picture of Althea, so he tried to learn drawing faces from profile as well*
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Sken0010sSerenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Sken0012s

And I have to say, I agree that draenei are hard to draw... I hope it is at least partially recognizable who it was supposed to be.
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Sken0011s

Blawdgarm

I can't see the last 3 pictures Sad The old ones I can, just not the new ones :<

Enlil

Shocked That is strange Garm! I don´t have any problems to see Seren's pictures.
And Seren i really liked them. Especially your draenei Smile

Serenais

Serenais
Moonshine Staff

I wonder if this is recognizable... (note: It's nobody from the guild; that person is not even WoW related Wink )
Serenais now has a scanner too. Beware, paper desolation ahead. Sken0013s

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum